Wednesday 3 May 2017

The Orange Bike of Doom


A while ago, I started painting up this bike for use with my Yu Jing force (technically, it's an Aleph model, but I couldn't resist). Anyway, I finished her over the weekend, and I'm over the moon with how the orange bike came out. She looks great with the force too.



I based the highlights heavily on Angel Giraldez's work. One of the reasons I bought this bike was specifically because she was covered in his first masterclass book and I wanted to give it a go myself; albeit with rather different colours. Out of all of the pictures, this group shot actually displays her in a way that is very true to what the model looks like in person (for some reason, photos often tend to change colours or warp things a bit). 

If you missed it, you can read how I painted the orange here:

 how-to-paint-infinity-yu-jing-orange


She is actually featured in the tutorial, so it's well worth checking out if you're interested. Speaking of the method, I've now updated it to include an extra step; pure white highlights to create a "shine" at key points. They do tend to disappear a bit in the photos, but do make a big difference in person.


True to form, I've included a dynamic shot too for your viewing pleasure. I've got a lot of Yu Jing cluttering up my painting table at the moment, so stay tuned as hopefully there'll be more of them appering on here over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely job there mate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was really happy with her.

      It's just a shame that posts about Infinity get a lot less attention than the 40k ones. I should've titled it "40k 8th Edition - and also some junk that I painted". That'd be money right there!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done chief. Can it not be used in that force?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is a model from another force, but you can take bikes in Yu Jing, so it isn't entirely unusable. It's a bit like painting your Centurions red and using them as World Eaters Obliterators!

      Delete