Thursday 15 February 2018

Squaduary Week 2 - 40k Skaven, 10 complete Vanguard



Well, I managed to get the rest of the squad painted up. I batched the last 3, which I don't think I'll do again as it felt really laborious!

This completes the main part of my pledge for Squaduary. I still have the Rat-Dominus to go, which I'm both looking forward to and dreading in equal measure. He is a really detailed model, so it might take a while. With that said, I have until the end of February to get him finished.

I'm really happy with how these guys came out. Let's hope I can keep this army going! I've started building a few more units for them, but they're very much in the "Frankenstein" stage; kinda messy and half finished! That said, I'll probably be showcasing what I've come up with next week some time, so be sure to check back if you're enjoying the project.

I've used my Necromunda scenery to pose them with as the rusty sewer seemed to suit them.


It sure was a lot of work to paint all of these guys to this standard in one week. I may not be Golden Demon standard, but I pride myself on my speed & quality!




14 comments:

  1. Blazmo, I think they look outstanding! Great job, and speedy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm going to try to outdo my Squaduary pledge. I might have time for one more unit/vehicle after the Dominus if I'm lucky. I don't want to rush though.

      Delete
  2. Awesome work, this is a really cool squad. An army wtih this design will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I can finish an army of them, I'll have to put them into armies on parade or something!

      Delete
  3. These just work so well. +1 to the idea of doing an armies on parade entry if you do make a full army. (Once FW release fires of cyraxis you will have even more options to skavenify)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm just trying to keep my motivation up at the moment so I can keep making this kind of progress.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful stuff, bravo. A whole army of these would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I never would have made it this far if Squaduary hadn't given me a kick in the pants to actually get rolling on this project!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, just the Dominus to go now and I'll have finished my Squaduary pledge.

      Delete
  6. Astounding work sir! simply great! well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've got plenty more in the works!

      Delete
  7. Time to make a start on that Skaven Warhound titan then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool and imaginative. Sci-Fi 40k Skaven for the win!

    ReplyDelete