Tuesday 24 September 2019

Steel Legion Command Squads


More Steel Legion again. This time, I'm presenting my two command squads. Together with the sniper squad I showed last week, these guys make up the elite section of the force (well other than the Scions and probably veterans at some point!). The picture above shows the army commander Kastoph Greede (some longer term blog-viewers might remember him from my battle report a year or so ago). At that point, I hadn't finished his squad, but here they are with him:



They're really a classic set up - a banner, vox, medic and one special weapons guy with a grenade launcher. They're pretty stock, but the medic does use a few Anvil Industry bits.


I quite like the red cross on the medic and the little freehand numbers etc.


I did say command squads, and that's because I made a second one for my other commander. This time a full flamer team - sort of as a counter-assault unit, but also just for fun. In time, they'll have their own Centaur to ride around in, but for the moment, they'll have to lump it on foot.




15 comments:

  1. Fantastic man! Nice to see Commander Greede finally make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I initially misread the title as "Steel Legion Command Squids". These guys are cool, but I'm still a little disappointed ;)

    I love the Storm Trooper Powerfist. Pretty sure I've got one of those lying around somewhere. Need to remember to do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question is, do they have squid-like heads like mind flayers or command hordes of blood thirsty squids?

      There could be anything under those masks...

      Delete
  3. Are these entirely Steel Legion miniatures? I can't recognice any bitz, if there are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're Death Korps minis painted as Steel Legion. DK were originally an alternate colour scheme for Steel Legion anyway.

      Delete
  4. Wow, these look fantastic! Very nice job on the models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They were all batched, so it's nice to hear they look good! There's just too many men needed to field guard properly to not batch them.

      Delete
  5. Nice overall look but I love that Commander. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are excellent additions to the already great existing ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get that commander model from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the Forge World Death Korps commander converted with a scion power fist and a cap from Anvil Industry.

      Delete