Tuesday 17 September 2019

Steel Legion Stormtroopers - Militarum Tempestus Scions


Another Steel Legion post today - just showing my recently completed unit of Stormtroopers. You kind of have to call them Stormtroopers for Steel Legion as they pre-date all of that Militarum Tempestus stuff, and that's how they're referred to in the books too.

I enjoyed painting these guys a lot too as they're a little bit different from my usual infantry models. They really came alive when I did the blue details too - like all the pipes and stuff. I tried to make the screens on their wrists look like some kind of bio-readout monitor thing, so I did a heart-beat shaped thing on each one. Equally though, it could be some kind of vox signal (or maybe Codec like in Metal Gear?)


At some point, I'll have to get another 5 so I can have a full unit. For the moment, there's no rush as they're not in any of my planned lists, and I've got so many other units to finish that I can't justify buying anything new. My Steel Legion have become a bit of a dumping ground for older guard army projects - these guys were originally earmarked for my now defunct Traitor Guard force, so they were basically free as I had them laying about the place anyway. The upside and downside is that I have tons of tanks to paint up too!



More Steel Legion tomorrow....


6 comments:

  1. Another great looking unit man. I love the blue cabling on the volley gun guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cables were the last thing I painted on them, and it really brought them to life.

      Delete
  2. Strong work and very unified paint job. Always liked that model with the great coat and you did well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot to mention in the article that I swapped the usual colours over and gave them yellow armour with black fatigues. I'm glad I did though as it blends them into the force better and it was more interesting to paint too.

      Delete
  3. They look great! Honestly, I am having a hard time picturing these futuristic troops next to the WWI-like Steel Legion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wondered about that myself a bit before I painted them up, but as they were nice models and I had them, it was an easy choice. They do look good with the rest of the army though.

      Delete