Monday 15 May 2017

Infinity - Yu Jing Showcase

I've been working towards a fully completed 200 point force for the past few weeks for a few Infinity games that I've got coming up. With this post, I'm happy to announce that the force is all painted up and ready for deployment!



I even had some extra time to paint up a spare miniature or two, so the force is a bit larger than I need for the games that I have booked. I'm still adding to it too, so there will still be more miniatures coming off of my painting desk soon. I've really enjoyed working on these miniatures, and it struck me how quickly you can become accustomed to working with metal again. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't tend to see a lot of manufacturers working with metal anymore, and it really isn't always a good thing! (Finecast... I'm looking at you...).

From a personal standpoint, I'm all about the detail, so as long as the detail is there, I'm fine with any material (although I still like the quality and malleability  of GW's plastics, and the sheer detail quality of Anvil's resin products).




The more recent additions to this force are mostly from the Yu Jing starter set from Red Veil. It really feels like Infinity has hit its stride now, and almost every model coming out is a sight to behold. The designs are top notch, and everything has a nice defined sci-fi style. These miniatures are going to be used in conjunction with some of the ones that I've already featured (the Ninja, Domaru Butai and bike). I'll add a picture of them below. Next up is the Guijia and some scenery. Luckily, I've got a start on both, so the next part of the force should be up soon!



2 comments:

  1. I love these models and your paintjob on them is great and all. Lovely selection.

    In particular I like the bases, sorry if I missed it, but did you do a post on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever did. They're made from the bases that came with some Sedition wars zombies I got on the cheap. They were way too nice for the zombies though, so I chopped them up and used them as base-toppers!

      Delete