Friday 24 March 2017

Resin Anime Figure Finished



Well, it was a long haul, but she's finally finished. Hats off to me for another job well done. I think I need a holiday though!

I was so near to completion for months, but I ran out of steam at the last hurdle. Thankfully, I had a bit of spare time over the weekend and finally got her last lance done. At the start of this project, I wanted to use her as an excuse to try out some verdigris and marble effects. I learned a lot about both techniques, although actually the most valuable experience turned out to be just from working on a figure this big. I think I gained more knowledge about painting in sub-assemblies and large resin pieces as I learned about anything else. Finishing her off also gave me a break from working on 28mm scale for a while, and it was nice to do something different.

Anyway, that's enough text for the moment. Enjoy the pictures.







Sometimes it's fun to look back to the beginning too - it was a long journey alright... But probably one I'd take again given a few months to rest up!



8 comments:

  1. Amazing work!! Well worth the effort! It's inspired me to try some large pieces of my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The experience was well worth it as I usually don't work on anything this big and complex. It helped me push my hobby boundaries in a few ways in the end, so it was a fun if grueling project.

      Always nice to inspire too!

      Delete
  2. Wow, really well done. I haven't done a figure that scale since the 90's. Love what you did with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - fabric on that scale was a bit nerve wracking (especially in black). Thankfully I had the airbrush to help me get a bit of a blend going on!

      Delete
  3. Not my cup of tea, but amazing job and paintjob all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. After all that work, I'm just glad to finish her!

      Delete
  4. That is a work of art, well done. You should really be proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rory, over time I've come to think of my hobby more as "miniature art" than just 40k and little plastic men!

      Delete