Thursday 23 January 2020

28mm Anime Miniature - Klukva "Sniper Waifu" (Yoko Littner) Complete


I've always wanted to see someone make an anime style figure in 28mm scale. A few manufacturers out there that get close, but none of them really seemed quite right or were really what I was looking for. I often check out what Klukva miniatures are up to (https://klukvaminiatures.com/goods - you can find them on Instagram and Facebook too), and I was delighted to see them branching out into some anime style miniatures. Some long term readers might remember my review for their vampires from a year or two ago (https://tabletopapocalypse.blogspot.com/2018/05/klukva-miniatures-review-little-resin.html). After that initial purchase, I knew I could rely on them for good quality. I'm not really writing a review this time, but I have to say that I think their casting quality is even better this time!

You can see the work I did on her eyes from this angle

Anyway, I picked up this "Sniper Waifu" miniature from them. She was a pre-order along with some other bits, so it was a bit of a wait till everything shipped out, but for a fun purchase and a painting project I don't mind waiting. If you know your anime, you might recognise the design as being based on Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann. I basically followed through and tried to paint as closely to the original character as possible.


Speaking of painting, she made for quite a fun project. I finished her in a day over the weekend. She is incredibly tiny and fine though - see the picture below! I did wonder if I'd be able to paint her eyes and things how I wanted as although they're big for the scale of the miniature, they're still pretty tiny. In particular, I used some washes to get more defined shading and did a blue/black highlight for the gun which was something new that I haven't tried before (but I probably will again!)

I use that bit of sponge propping the penny up to weather tanks!

That about rounds it out. I've actually been doing quite a bit of hobby lately, so there should be more posts soon. Like a lot of people, I started working on some of the new Sisters of Battle over Christmas as well as other projects, so more soon. I've also got a few more Klukva miniatures in the pipeline...


8 comments:

  1. Awesome job man! Especially considering the model is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! An anime mini painted to perfection. Great work on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The eyes were the hardest bit as she's so tiny. There really aren't enough anime miniatures out there!

      Delete
  3. Awesome work, love the color scheme! Is it inspired by any known character?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoko Littner is the character it's based on from Gurren Lagann

      Delete
  4. How much would you charge if I send you mine to paint? I want to get Megumin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very rarely take on commissions. I've ordered the full Konosuba set myself, so you can see how I do with my own Megumin. She's in the post at the moment! After I've finished mine, if you like the finish, I might take on a commission.

      Delete