Monday 15 October 2018

Slaanesh Female Raptors - Finished





I finally finished my all-female Chaos Raptor squad. I think it has been about a year since I last worked on my Chaos, but I'm back in the saddle again and trying to finish off some of those units that were nearly there.

I'll forgive you if you can't remember my last post about these models. They are made by Prodos Games for a game called Space Crusaders. I picked them up as a random purchase at Salute 2 years ago and it's nice to get them out of the cupboard of shame at last!

Style wise, they're a bit excessive and buxom; so basically perfect for Slaanesh. Sure, they won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I really like how they look. They're really well cast too; easy to build, clean and have great detail. In particular, their faces were a real highlight to me. They weren't hard to paint and I think they look awesome and very expressive.

On the other side of things, all of that gold filigree and baroque detail was rather time consuming to work on! It also took a while to paint the bases and thing that were more detailed than usual. I actually built the bases myself using some tyranid egg sacs that I got from my brother. I have no idea what sprue they are from though, or if they're even still in the kits.


I've also been working on more of my Chaos, and I'll be posting another unit I recently finished tomorrow, so check back soon! I've actually managed to get a post together for every day this week, so look forward to it!

7 comments:

  1. They look great man. A worthy addition to your forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm pretty happy with how they came out. I still have plenty more Prodos to paint!

      Delete
  2. Good stuff! I think I actually do recall your earlier post with these. They are somewhat over the top, but hey, we're talking followers of a God of Excess here ;)

    Some of the bits I see on the bases are still available in the Genestealer kit. Others, as far as I know, were only ever available in the 4th Ed starter box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds about right to me. I'm sure some people won't like the design, but it's all in good fun. That and there are some pretty unrealistic male physiques out there on miniatures too!

      I actually forgot to say in the main post that the strange green orbs are actually fake pearl earrings! A pretty good tip if you want some weird orbs. Plus they come mounted on sticks!

      Delete
  3. I like them, they are proper Slaneeshy cultist!

    Good job on the paintjob too. I love the spotty wing membranes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wanted to give them a little bit of texture, and I'd seen similar things on wings other people had painted. I used the same pink/purple glaze I used on their hair and added the marks one by one with a brush.

      Delete
  4. These look fantastic sir, very well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete