Wednesday 17 October 2018

Dreadtober - 40k Skaven Dragoon, Complete!

Well, I really wasn't expecting this to be my first proper update. I had planned to do more work in progress shots, but I kept thinking "I'll keep painting and take a picture tomorrow". At some point, I realised that I was too close to finishing, and that I might as well just get it done and do one final post.

Anyway, here it is; the final product of my labours:

I've painted it up to match the rest of my 40k Skaven, so I went with the same teal/blue colour. It was pretty challenging in the end, as it is quite a big thing with a lot of details. I was quite inspired by the conversion though, so that helped. As usual, I started flagging towards the end, but somehow made it to the finish line without getting too distracted by all the Chaos that I've been working on.

I could probably go on and on about this thing, but I figure pictures are probably more interesting than my rambling, so here you go:





Well, that finishes my entry for Dradtober. See you all again next year!

Don't forget to check everyone's progress on the Dreadtober Blog: http://dreadtober.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm happy with it, and it's a cool thing to add to the force. To be honest, it took less time than I expected as I got quite into it once I started.

      Delete
  2. That's great work, and finished early for Dreadtober too! A nice little Ad-Mech Skaven force you have slowly bubbling away there... moar in pipeline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty, but I'm working on my Chaos at the moment, so they'll have to wait. I still need to finish the Infiltrators, Servitors and Storm Fiends.

      Delete
  3. Excellent! I don't really have much to say besides what I did on the build. The paint job basically just shows all that off better and makes it look generally more awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad I finished in my project for Dreadtober. I like community challenges, but I always want to get to the end too!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work! I really dig this Skaven-40k army, such a nice design and execution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They're one of my favourite projects. I'm working on them slowly, as they take a lot of energy out of me to build and paint, and I want to keep my standards high.

      Delete
  5. This is the fucking coolest thing ever! The skaven on the cockpit is having the time of his life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice going man. We'll have to get them on the field at some point.

    ReplyDelete