Thursday 18 October 2018

Converted Warpsmith


I realised something about my Chaos recently; I need more HQ choices. I have several different Chaos Lords that go way back over the years, but not a lot else. I was looking in the codex, and I remembered that shortly after 8th edition dropped, I was planning to convert a Warpsmith out of one of the new plague marine models. I still had all the parts, so I decided to finally make the project a reality.

Anyway, the miniature shown above is the fruits of my labour. I'm pretty happy with how he came out, and one of the things I love about converting characters is that he was basically free, as he was entirely made with stuff I just had laying about the place. I did buy the plague marines though, but I got them as a set shortly after Dark Imperium was released, and they were cheap as hell on eBay.

While I was at it, I finally greenstuffed and based my unit of Slaanesh marines that I converted from the other plague marine models, so I'm planning to undercoat and airbrush them together in a batch soon. I'm really happy with them though, and I think that they look great.


One more post to go for this week, and I think I've saved the best till last. It's cool custom chaos lord time, and he's fully painted in all his bangin' glory!

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic splicing sir - I doth my cap to thee! I don't think I've seen a Warpsmith conversion from Deathguard before - it's a great looking mini with a brilliantly imperious stance! Looking forward to seeing them all painted! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, second this entirely. BZ

      Delete
    2. Thanks guys. I really like the Death Guard models, but I really don't like Nurgle at all! They're great for conversions though.

      Delete
  2. These look great!

    (...and Slaanesh falling to Nurgle? There's an STD joke in there somewhere...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, but as I have a whole unit, I'm not making any assertions about how they all caught it...

      Delete
  3. Excellent stuff! I always love seeing what people do with Dark Mechanicum themes, and Warpsmiths are the most accessible of them to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you gotta love a good conversion. I just wish I painted and finished all the ones I've built!

      Delete
  4. Great conversion! Looking forward to seeing your usual top-notch paint job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff man. You're really powering through the Emperor's Children right now.

    ReplyDelete