Monday 5 June 2017

Female Chaos Space Marines!



With everyone sitting around waiting for 8th Edition, I thought it was the perfect time to have a look through some of my old conversions from a time long before I had this blog. I'm planning to bring you a tantalizing glimpse of something Chaotic every day this week; with the hope that by the time that the new edition is out, people might be inspired to actually build something!

Now that the intro is done, today I have these finely crafted morsels for you. These conversions date back about 5 years, and use plastic Daemonettes combined with Chaos Space Marine parts and plenty of Milliput (they're so old, I didn't have access to green stuff back then!).

Who says a girl can't wear pink on the battlefield?



I hand sculpted all of the robe bits. Let's just say it was traumatic and leave it there.

I also sculpted a second breast onto every single one. It sounds like a small thing, but I'm sure most of my readers will be aware that symmetry is very important there!


To be honest, these minis had been a bit forgotten recently, but now that I have them out, I think they actually look pretty great. I think it's high time they saw the battlefield once more.

I particularly like the champion with the powerfist. It's strange to think that she was actually the first model I built and painted for my Emperor's Children. They did become more conventional over time as the conversions were so extreme in the beginning that I just couldn't keep making them, as it was literally killing me.

Background wise I kind of envisaged them as Daemonically possessed marines who had been changed by the warp over thousands of years.

Anyway, leave a comment below with what you think, and check back tomorrow to smell what the Rock is cookin'... Or something...

10 comments:

  1. This works surprisingly well. It's a damn fine looking unit you have there. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They actually look better than I remembered them looking. It makes me wonder why they’ve been relegated to the drawer for so long! (also I think that powerfists and bolters might be a lot more popular in 8th too, so it looks like a win-win situation!)

      Delete
  2. They look great! I would think that they would look out of proportion but everything fits nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I built them quite a long time ago, but I still remember how much work they were - getting them to look good and in proportion was a bit of a battle. Build wise, their entire upper arms are just blocked out with plastic spear pole bits and then sculpted over. I think I must have been mad back then!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm not sure why I didn't post them earlier!

      Delete
  4. Those look very well, both the paint job and conversion work. They would look wonderful as Chosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment on the paint scheme. I was worried that they looked a little old by my more recent standards!

      Delete
  5. Excellent work, dude. Always glad to see more good Slaanesh stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Slaanesh, I think you'll like the rest of this week's posts! Seriously... It's gonna be wall to wall Slaanesh all week.

      Delete