Tuesday 3 January 2017

Resin Anime Figure - Part V, Lance 1


Well, despite several New-Year related setbacks, I've been busy again. 

I've painted up one of her lances to look like a piece of marble. This is just a quick post to show the progress I've made in that regard. I'm also trying out some different photography techniques and set-up, which is coming out rather nicely actually. I still have no idea what to do with lights etc, but generally moving them about and taking a ton of pictures tends to yield a few good shots.

I still need to paint the shaft of the lance and the green stuff on her head where I repaired the hair gap as well as patch up a few bits here and there, but the end is in sight!



8 comments:

  1. Looks great man, the new lighting set up is giving excellent results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're only seeing the good pictures and I binned about 10 absolute duffers, but there could be something to all of this "use a light box and actually put in some effort business". I also read an article about photographing anime figures that was so informative that I skimmed most of it, but it did seem to get me thinking in the right direction.

      http://www.tentaclearmada.com/2013/08/figure-photography-lighting-guide-part-1-getting-started-with-creative-lighting/ is the link and there are several parts. Watch the site though as some is NSFW (he reviews all kinds of figures and stuff that's a bit out there and sometimes involves some nudity - generally not that bad, but not really cool at work).


      Delete
  2. I'm lagging a bit behind. Just saw this. Thought it was a studio photo of some CG render. It's so flawlessly perfect. What a way to start out the new year. I'm going to need straps to close my jaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I think we're all lagging a bit behind since the Faeit 212 blog roll went down!

      They actually run a competition for these anime figures that you can enter with photos, so I'm working on the photography with that it mind. It's a bit of a leap though as some people (especially in Japan) only paint these things as a whole hobby, so I'm not sure if I'll stand a chance, but it's all good fun.

      Delete
  3. Great work Blazmo! It's really coming together nicely and putting the rest of us to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to make this on roblox, but some parts i couldnt make because of roblox physics ._.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtYTeJDt0YBRkRRMmxrRXFsbUk/view

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, resin driveway

    ReplyDelete