Tuesday 1 October 2019

Dark Eldar Wracks (Drukhari) Painted



After my latest Steel Legion push, I knew it was time to shift gears to something less batch-tastic, and a bit more artistic. While searching through the cupboard of doom and having a bit of a clearout, I came across my half-finished Dark Eldar project and thought it was high time to get some of them done. Long-term readers may remember the "week of evil" a few years ago where I started them, but somewhere in the mists of time and the first ever Squaduary, progress halted; only to be resumed in the last week or so.

I said when I first started working on the Wracks that they were probably one of the best plastic kits ever made. A few years haven't changed my opinions there - the details are really crisp and they're a kit that basically has no bad parts and plenty of spares too. I enjoyed finishing the last 3 from the unit too, as I got to actually paint to a higher standard than I do for most armies, which feels both fulfilling and somewhat annoying all at once. It's nice to get something you're really proud of, but at the same time, I get frustrated by how long they take!

The funny thing is that I've almost painted them too well, as I can't actually capture the colours and effects on them very well with my camera. The red is actually highly reflective and there's a lot more depth to the skin tones, but the crappy phone camera can't really keep up.



I've been working on more Dark Eldar units too, but I haven't been able to take pictures of the other unit I've finished yet. Still, at some point the blog will be updated. I've pledged to work on a Talos for Dreadtober too.


9 comments:

  1. They look great man. An excellent colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twisted flecks, look like something out of ”The Purge”, love ‘em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a great aesthetic. I just hope the rest of the army will be as nice!

      Delete
  3. Looking awesome! I just picked up a set myself, for Kill Team/INQ28 purposes, and I def agree with you on the quality of the kit.

    On a different note, you've got a paragraph of black text on a black background up there. Might be worth tweaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've changed it. I think it happens If I copy and paste text when I'm writing it. It's a little odd.

      The models are great though. I'm planning to pick up another 5 when I can, so I can have a full unit.

      Delete
  4. The paint job on these wracks is exquisite! They just need a Venom to ride in now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bright reds against their pale skin tone really give them a frightening look. I'm pretty sure it's because we tend to think of blood when seeing those reds against a muted background. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! What paints did you use? Sorry of you already answered this question.

    ReplyDelete