Monday 10 July 2017

Chaos Posts All Week - the 2nd Wave

About a month ago, I ran a week featuring some of my old chaos conversions; with fresh miniatures every day. It made sense at the time, as with 8th almost out, everyone including myself was locked into a bit of a hobby holding pattern of sorts that didn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

With the new edition out, I've been on a building and painting spree. Just for fun, I thought it would be cool to do a second week of posts, but this time to feature new miniatures every day. I've got plenty of great new conversions to share with you all, as well as some new painted miniatures, and all manner of delights.



With that announcement out of the way, welcome to the first day of my new Chaos Posts. I recently finally finished this Aspiring Champion. The model is slightly converted, as I swapped his Power Axe out for a raptor Chainsword. It's a great model though, and will look extra great standing out the front of the unit in this edition! ( I was never much of a fan of those realistic casualty rules as it was just a bit convoluted and involved). He is pictured with my converted shirtless marine and a chosen with a beaky head swap. Let it never be said that I don't have an eclectic collection!



I've been hard at work converting the rest of his squad and getting them ready for some paint, so check back tomorrow to see what I managed with a set of the new Plague Marines and a whole lot of elbow grease!

6 comments:

  1. Always loved that model and that is a nice version of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He has been out for a long time now, so I'm a little late to the party!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the Emperor's Children getting a bit of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must maintain enthusiasm *looks at pile of anime figures* errrrmmmm....

      Delete
  3. Awesome work. I think everyone appreciates a good shirtless Marine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did a whole post about him when I built him (https://tabletopapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/converted-emperors-children-chaos-marine.html).

      Nothing says excess like heading into battle like an action hero!

      Delete