Tuesday 16 April 2019

Shadowspear Obliterator - Emperor's Children


Whenever I buy a big box full of cool models, I have that concern that I'm just going to be adding to the inevitable cupboard of shame that every hobbyist seems to build up. So, with that in mind, I'm trying to make some steady progress on some of the new Chaos releases.

This is my first Obliterator from Shadowspear. They're cool models, that really look a bit like miniature Helbrutes really. I like the big and mutated look, and rules wise, they're sure to please. 

It's great that these guys got an update, and I'm sure at some point a new 3 man unit box will be released. The old designs might have been my least favourite models in the whole chaos range. Well, except perhaps for the mutilators... and with good reason!



As with most of my Emperor's Children, I'm following my standard scheme of purple and gold. It's pretty comfortable for me now, and as purple is my favourite colour, I don't really get bored of painting it. I have made a start on the second Obliterator as well, so hopefully I'll finish that off at some point in the not too distant future.

Despite my lofty goals about working through Shadowspear, I picked up a Lord Discordant at the weekend. I've mostly finished the build, but I'm working on quite a nice little conversion on it that I think people will like (well maybe depending on taste). I'm happy with the work so far, so I'm hoping to post up the build once its complete some time later this week.

14 comments:

  1. Nice job man! I look forward to seeing a full squad of these guys, but I'm not looking forward to having to fight against them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, their danger is evident in the name!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! That looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. Gotta keep it going. I've pretty much finished the build on the Lord discordant now too, so that should be up in a day or two.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, Mutilators are awful. I wonder if they will be re-made.

    Nice work on the Obliterator! There is a stark difference in color between the back and the front of the model, with how much exposed flesh it has on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think remaking Mutilators is inevitable, but I think it's pretty low priority for GW right now.

      He is a bit hulkomaniac on the back!

      Delete
  5. Very nice! I'm really hoping for a proper Obliterator/Mutilator combo kit with options, but even if we just get this couple of mono-pose ones, they're still pretty awesome, and you've done this one up very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a new kit is inevitable, but I think the current Chaos wave is done for the minute. I still think we'll see it in the next year or so. I've got loads to paint, so I'm in no rush!

      Delete
  6. Nicely done ... the neutral colors of the base help balance the vivid colors on the actual mini.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I ask you about your colore scheam? It looks like tipical EC pre heresy scheam but much brighter. Which paints have you used? Also can you describe your technics pls.
    P.s. Awesome job, I love it.
    P.s.s. sry for grammar, not my native language

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous miniature! what shade of purple did you use man?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's based on Vallejo Royal purple and highlighted mixing Royal purple and white. I used some transparent red to shade it which strengthens the purple colour.

      Delete