Wednesday 30 March 2016

Salamanders Bike Squad



One of my more recent 40k armies is a fast attack oriented Salamanders force. I know it might not be the most characteristic thing from a background perspective, but a focus on high quality flamers and plenty of melta weaponry combined with manoeuvrability was a tempting thing. I also have a rule about new armies - they have to feel/play differently than something I already have. Being as I have a large mostly shooty Chaos Marine army (Emperor's Children), my loyalist force would have to be different - with plenty of units Chaos can't have. For that reason I chose fast attack - as I could have plenty of Land Speeders/Storms and really enjoy a different style of play.


Anyway, in this post I've got some pictures of my finished bike squad. I'm particularly happy with the banner that I salvaged from some Militarum Scions that weren't using it!


The bikes themselves are converted from the Dark Vengeance ones - you just can't beat the price compared to the real thing!






6 comments:

  1. Great use of a Scion banner. The paintjob is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. You sure do like to comment on everything ... it makes me feel special ...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I set the bar a bit high for the rest of the army with these guys!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. I might do some tutorials at some point, so watch this space!

      Delete