Tuesday 16 July 2024

Steel Legion Imperial Bombard

 

This model has been on my painting radar for far too long. I always wanted a Colossus back when they first appeared in the guard codex - I think it was 5th Edition? - anyway, they never did make a proper model. At the time, I had high hopes for a joint plastic kit with the Medusa at some stage, but it never happened. 


Fast forward several years to about 2018 when I started the Steel Legion force out of the ashes of a few failed past armies, and one of the things I knew I wanted was one of the Forgeworld Bombards. It was actually sprayed in a batch with my first Basilisk and then sort of ended up hanging around. I changed projects and it just never seemed to get finished until now. It also didn't help that somewhere in the middle it took some sort of knock during a house move that caused it to fall apart a bit.

Anyway, the tank uses my standard Steel Legion Scheme - there is a full tutorial on here somewhere, so there's not much point in recounting all the colours. It's easily found on Google under "how to paint Steel Legion tanks" if anyone is interested. 



One factor that slowed my progress on this thing was deciding what to actually do with the mortar itself. Originally the dark grey body was camouflage like the tank's hull, but it just didn't work and looked a bit too murky. The red stripes help add an accent of colour to it too. 

And that about rounds it out for this thing. I really should post more often!



4 comments:

  1. Awesome to see this thing finally finished. The red adds a nice punch of colour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a long time coming finishing this thing. I'm happy with it now though and it makes a nice characterful addition to the force.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Cheef! Good to see you're still around on the Blog network too!

      Delete