Sunday 7 July 2024

Armageddon Steel Legion Scout Sentinel

OK, so it's probably been at least a year since I posted anything, but not for lack of progress. I rarely have the photography lights out these days for pictures, and true to form these photos were taken in the natural light of the conservatory.


I've always liked scout sentinels- traditionally, Armageddon have the armoured cab due to the toxic environment, but it's definitely fun to see the pilot. In terms of this model, it's pretty stock, but the pilot head is swapped with a plastic death korps head so he doesn't die of exposure up there 😅


I have painted a lot of units recently, and one  of the things I've started to introduce to the Steel Legion is a bit of foliage. There are jungles on Armageddon after all, and I like the contrast of having the occasional plant in there. I'm actually using really cheap plastic plants and spraying them with undercoat and with the airbrush to get them to look good. I had the idea that the plants on Armageddon would be sort of sickly and quite yellow in colour which would explain the regimental uniform colours. 


Speaking of uniforms, this thing is yellow... it's a look I've been playing with. The majority of my vehicles are the traditional grey/sand type camouflage, but for some models I wanted to change it up. My theory being that they would have been deployed to the sands and wastes between hive cities on the planet.


All in all, I think I painted this thing over the course of a day. I've been hitting the Steel Legion stuff quite hard over the past month, so there's plenty more completed and in the works. Maybe I'll get some better quality pictures next time...


 

3 comments:

  1. Im a huge Warhammer art fanatic. I found this cool site https://40kart.com check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just browsing through the blog reel and look what showed up! A great looking model dude, we'll have to get it on the battlefield soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the heavy flamer armament should be very fieldable. It's a nice thrifty threat to infantry!

      Delete