Friday 15 March 2019

Monster March - Week 2, Shadowsword Progress



Work has been continuing at a good pace on the Shadowsword. I finished washing around all of the rivets and other details and did the light drybrush highlight on the whole tank. After I'd finished that stage, I started the laborious process of picking out the details.



Most of the detail parts are still just basecoated at the moment, and I really have a long way to go with them.

In order to get a bit more finish on the tank, and to get an idea where I was going with it, I also added decals to it. I always enjoy that stage a lot, so I couldn't resist. I free-handed a name for the tank on the side of it; the "Steel Panther", and before anyone asks, it is an intentional joke reference to the American comedy glam rock/metal band.

"Become the king of your neighbourhood, like Steel Panther, and Tiger Woods..."


If anyone's interested in how we got to this stage, I did a full step by step tutorial for how I paint my Steel Legion tanks, so if you haven't read it already, it's available here (Link)



That about rounds it up. I'm hoping to blast the rest of the tank out pretty fast now, as I've ordered a copy of Shadowspear, and as an avid Chaos player, I'm hoping to have plenty of time to spend on the goodies within!

13 comments:

  1. Thats looking awesome already mate. Love the name, maybe some of your Chaos force can be "The Darkness" along the same lines of glam rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tempting, I do have that new noise marine model to paint too...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like this scheme. It gets results fast!

      Delete
  3. Excellent work and I *love* the name! very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't resist a joke sometimes - it keeps games with my guard light-hearted!

      Delete
  4. Sweet! It could have "Feel the Steel" on the other side, just to complete the effect \m/

    Now I'm thinking of others that could work as SM Chapter names or whatever. The White Snakes, The Death Leopards, stuff like that XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost just went and did it... not gonna lie.

      Iron Maidens? My new sisters of battle force?

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome model, really like its grim destroyer vibe. Added the blog to my list -sorry for the deleted post-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I mostly paint in brighter colours, but I like a good old-fashioned tank too.

      I appreciate you following the blog too, it's always nice to know people like what they see/read!

      Delete
  7. Amazing work man. I would write some Steel Panther lyrics here, but they're far too offensive to put into print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what you mean, I thought that song was all about using the service entrance to a building...

      Delete