Monday 19 February 2018

Squaduary, 40k Skaven Dominus; Ikit Claw in 40k!


Well, that was a lot of work. I was really enjoying it till about the midway point and then it gradually felt harder and harder to continue. All of the detail was killing me!  It was a cool idea to base him around the Dominus model, but it was already encrusted with detail, and the conversions only added more!

He came out well though, and I'm really happy with the result. For those who were following my progress with Squaduary, he is the last model from my pledge, so he rounds the whole thing out. I'm planning to keep going though and add one further thing this month if I have the time to cram it in. It isn't necessarily a squad, and it is a bit of a whopper. I'll be posting about that tomorrow as I just finished the build.

Back to Ikit, I carried through the same colour scheme I had used on the Vanguard. I added a few more layers into the yellow though to give it a bit more flash. For the ordinary Skaven, it was just a few layers of various yellows. I added in a brown basecoat and white final highlight to the recipie to give it a bit more punch; mostly because it s a lot more prevalent on him and it needed to look good!

I'm particularly happy with the tanks on his back. The axe looks pretty interesting too.




Well, that about rounds it out. Check back tomorrow to see the next 40k Skaven creation.

12 comments:

  1. I think he looks even better in the photos if that's possible. Great conversion man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the background is making a difference; that and the montage multi-view!

    I did wonder about the backing actually as I thought it made the pictures look a bit confused/over detailed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, it's OK I suppose *weeps quietly in the corner for 20 minutes*

    Seriously, this is a really cool concept and a fantastic model! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really happy with how he came out. It was a bit of a battle to get through all of that detail though!

      Delete
  4. The squad was excellent but the magos is the cherry on the cake. Simply amazing job on the conversion and the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have one more thing that I'm trying to squeeze into February and it is larger and more converted than anything else I've done up till this point for my Skaven. I'll be unveiling the build on the blog tomorrow. So be sure to check it out.

      Delete
  5. Love it! Please tell me the other thing is a Skaven Doomwheel Dunecrawler?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you make the collar around his neck from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Tau part. I think it was from a Ghostkeel Battlesuit, but I might be wrong.

      Delete