Friday 23 February 2018

Skaven Onager Conversion Vs Mechanicus Onager

Just for fun, some side by side shots of my 40k Skaven Onager (In the slightly dodgy teal/blue airbrush) and my brother's really nice completed Onager.


We had a bit of a Squaduary paint up the other day, and I took the opportunity to take these shots at the start of the session. I'd just finished airbrushing the basic colours in time to start the real work, so sorry it's a bit basic. As he brought over all of his Mechanicus, I thought it might be interesting to see how the two vehicles compared structurally.

Scale wise, you can see that the Skaven version is a bit longer, but actually it isn't that noticeable. It's strange, but it almost looks like a new Mechanicus unit or something. They wouldn't look out of place next to each other if it wasn't for the clashing colours.


It'll be a lot of work, but I'm still planning to finish this thing off in time for the end of Squaduary. With any luck, I can really nail it over the weekend and have a finished model on display by the time next Wednesday rolls round. I can't believe how short this month has seemed!


6 comments:

  1. That Onager looks great! Your Skaven thingy isn't bad either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't lie. I made this post just to use up the pictures, and in the hope that someone would see the nicely painted model on the left and click on it!

      Delete
  2. They're both lovely - I really dig your rebuild, that's a great looking conversion, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I got it finished in time in the end too!

      Delete
  3. I can't get over how natural your build looks, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There isn't too much straight up greenstuff work, so there's nothing glaringly obvious. After that, it's just having the vision to get it all done. A milestone for me is normally just getting the basic shape together. If that works, then I know I can fill in the details. I spend onst of my time converting just holding bits up against the model to see what works.

      Delete