Saturday 6 August 2022

Horus Heresy, 30k Blood Angels Contemptor Dreadnought


More Blood Angels today - this time the Contemptor. This model was actually the test piece for the whole army scheme, so was a bit experimental. It seemed like a good model to practice my freehand on before scaling down to the smaller troops. 



The model is the older plastic contemptor that came with one of the box sets (Calth maybe?) - I had it sitting around down the back of a drawer for years and dug it out to add to the Blood Angels. I've actually managed to add a few things to the army from my collection, and it's been fun finally clearing some space in the cupboard of shame! 


The Havoc launcher is actually an old Anvil Industry bit. I think they might be out of print now as a lot of the old Anvil range has gone. 


Much like the Marines, I've tried to capture that old school vibe, so thrown in blue and yellow along with plenty of black flames! 


That about rounds it out for the dreadnought. The scenery pictured behind it is another project I've been working on and may share more photos of at some point  


 

5 comments:

  1. I did the same thing and started with a Contemptor for my new Blood Angels, but I started with the new one - a joy to build! And right after I also converted the Betrayal at Calth Dreadnought.

    Once again beatiful freehand on your model and the shade of red throughout the shades, midtones and highlights is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That new contemptor does look great. I'm actually not much of a fan of this one (Calth) or at least I wasn't until I started painting it

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful I'm gonna follow this blog closely. I had a similar idea when GW dropped the MK6 but you took it to a whole new level. I just need more reference on RT and 2nd edition stuff to finalize my project but this is a great inspiration.
    My compliments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm posting units most days at them moment as I've been very busy since the new 30k edition dropped. I finished off 10 assault Marines yesterday! Which Legion were you thinking of doing?

      Delete