Monday 1 April 2019

Emperor's Children Venom Crawler Finished!


Well, Monster March is over, but I had a spare week after finishing the Shadowsword and I didn't want to let it go to waste. I picked up Shadowspear on the release day, and I've been working on the Chaos models since.

Obviously, the Venom Crawler was always going to be a nice thing to add to my army. I use a lot of Daemon Engines, and it's a cool design. I have to say that it was a real pain in the ass to paint though. It just has a lot of legs and a lot of filigree to get to grips with - so pretty much any painters worst nightmare! (which pretty much describes anything Chaos anyway)


I'm really happy with how it came out though. I've used my usual scheme for my Emperor's Children. The only differences are that I've moved to using the airbrush for the purples, and I also used some Blood for the Blood God on the tongue and demon maw bits on the side of the body. It's a nice high-gloss effect that I really like in moderation.


I haven't seen a lot of Venom Crawlers around online yet, so I think it's quite interesting to get a look at the model from different angles. Personally, I think there's a lot of cool details to be appreciated. I'll be working on some of the other Shadowspear models soon, so hopefully I can showcase them as I go. Next up is probably the Obliterators.


I'm looking forwards to the wave of new models we're seeing too. In particular, I'll definitely be looking to add a Lord Discordant, and one of the new Keeper of Secrets models to my army soon!

12 comments:

  1. Looks great dude! It's so nice to see Chaos Space Marines getting a lot of attention. Their new stuff looks pretty powerful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, or at least more competitive than they were. In particular that Lord Discordant is looking like the new hotness - 10 attacks, I'll take that!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully it was only literally a pain in the fingers ;)

    Came out looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have crippling bone-itus after painting this thing. The worst part is that it's only a biscuit bigger than a Helbrute!

      Delete
  3. Lovely job, first I've seen painted up other than the GW one. Great looking sculpt, Chaos SM really like their filigree, the doom-turkey Helldrake being the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a suspicion that the new Lord Discordant may be the new king of filigree multi-leg painter punishment!

      Delete
  4. This is a fantastic Emperor's Children color scheme. Final results look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My Emperor's Children are my favourite army, so their paint is the most complicated and elaborate too. It takes a lot of effort, but they're worth it!

      Delete
  5. Very nice! I love a good Emperor's Children army, the purple looks really great when done right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I never liked the pink and black scheme, so keep with the heresy colours.

      Delete
  6. Good work, looks really vibrant on the more muted base. Liking that basing style and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always think about my paint scheme in relation to the bases that I do - so bright colours stand out well on grey and the white snow is a nice accent that compliments the scheme. Equally, with my genestealer cult, I used a red dust style base to make more muted models pop a bit more.

      Delete