Friday 19 October 2018

Slaanesh Chaos Lord - Converted, Painted and Finished


Behold the glory of Blazmodeus! It's rare that I spend this long painting a model, and even rarer for me to name it after myself, but I'm really happy with this guy!


He was one of my best conversions; possibly the best, but he ended up sitting on a shelf unpainted. In fact, he was such a good conversion that I almost didn't want to paint him for fear that I wouldn't be able to paint him well enough to live up the model itself. I made a bit of an attempt to paint him a few months ago, but ultimately gave up as I couldn't get the result I wanted.

I started again recently as part of my latest Chaos push, and he is finally finished and ready to lead some of my Emperor's Children in to battle.


Overall, I'm really happy with the model; in particular the mix of colours came out really nice on him, and I like the blend on the armour. He is actually the first model in my Emperor's Children to be painted using the airbrush, but he definitely won't be the last!


For me, he really looks the way that I envisage Chaos marines should look. I think that the mask being torn away from his face came out well in the end too, which is cool.

I think I'll be using this guy as my general for many years to come.


11 comments:

  1. He's too good man! An amazing update for your army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really happy with him. I started airbrush work on some more stuff a minute ago, but it's too cold. I should really wait for the sun to come all the way up!

      Delete
  2. Excellent! I remember some of the conversion posts. Good to see he's finally got some paint on 'im! And that paint definitely lived up to the promise of the conversion work. I know that feeling well, it's why my Keeper of Secrets sat around unpainted for like two years, but you've definitely done a worthy paint job here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I actually have a Raging Heroes Avatar of Shah to build and paint up as a Keeper of Secrets at some point. Maybe soon, but I'm trying to clear out more of my half-finished and in need of paint chaos backlog before I take it on!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really enjoying working on my Emperor's Children again. I think it is because the break has been so long. It's also great to add models to a pretty big force already as I really feel like I'm expanding the force in interesting ways rather than just trying to paint what I need to field it.

      Delete
  4. Well I am delighted you painted him up so we got to see him. Wonderful looking work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really happy to have finally finished him!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I'm really happy to have finally finished him!

      Delete