Friday 28 September 2018

Entering Dreadtober 2018 - 40k Skaven Dragoon!


If there's one thing I love it's a community hobby challenge. Despite that, I've never entered Dreadtober (the annual dreadnought/large model painting event).

I started thinking about the challenge, and I realised that I had the perfect project all boxed up and ready to go. A few months ago, some of you may remember my really successful 40k Skaven project that I completed during Squaduary. For that challenge, I completed 15 infantry, my Dominus, and a converted Dune Crawler (the "Doom Crawler"). Around that time, I also picked up a Sydonian Dragoon kit, but I ended up shelving the project for a while as I didn't have a clear idea of what I was going to do with the kit and I also got a bit burned out and switched project.


Time to add some more models to the force!



Well, inspiration finally hit, and I've started hashing out some ideas of what I'm going to do. With any luck I should have a really cool and interesting.

For more on the event, it's all available at: https://dreadtober.blogspot.com/

I hope you'll enjoy following my progress, it should be great!

The doom crawler was a big success. Hopefully the next walker will be as nice when it's finished!

10 comments:

  1. Given that the above is one of the most amazing armies I've ever seen, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They're probably my favourite project, but I worked on them so much in such a short period that I got burned out last time. I'm back and ready for more though. I think another vehicle would help flesh out the force. I need to finish my Stormfiend Kastellans at some point too, but that's something for later! (maybe a stretch goal for Dredtober if all goes well?)

      Delete
  2. Sweeeeeeet - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I'm feeling the pressure to make sure it's really cool!

      Delete
  3. Oh excellent MOAR reinforcements, looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Join the Dreadtober! One of us! One of us!

    I look forward to seeing where you take this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be good. I'm working on the model over the weekend, so hopefully I should have an update on Monday!

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to your post, when it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The first post will be up tomorrow morning. The build is finished and I've got the pictures to prove it!

      Delete